Sunday, May 12, 2013

Guacamole Wrap

Happy Mother's Day to all the tireless moms out there who never get a day off or if you do you're wondering what the kids are getting themselves into!! :-) Here is our Mother's Day candid shot...it is so hard to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time!! I couldn't stop laughing as my hubby was getting more and more irritated with us!!



After a VERY heavy Mother's Day brunch (I was full all day so I know my digestive system was like "what the heck, Larissa??!!"), I decided to make a Guacamole Wrap for dinner. It is super easy to make as long as you have the Guacamole already done. I found the basic recipe from one of my favorite books, The Fresh Energy Cookbook by Rose & Choi but of course added my own spin.

2 sprouted grain wraps or tortillas
1 tomato, sliced thinly
1 cup shredded carrots
a few thin slices of red onion or 1 sliced green onion
4 large lettuce leaves
Handful fresh cilantro
1 cup Guacamole (recipe follows)

Spread a half cup guacamole on each wrap/tortilla. Place 2 lettuce leaves on one side of each wrap/tortilla followed by half of the tomato, carrots, onions, and cilantro. Roll starting from the filled side of the wrap/tortilla folding in the ends to create a burrito. Cut on the diagonal and enjoy!!

Guacamole (makes 1 cup/store for no more than 3 days):
2 ripe avocados
1/2 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
1/4-1/2 tsp seasoned salt or sea salt (depending on your taste)
1 lime, squeezed

Mash avocado to the consistency you prefer; I prefer my guac a little chunky. Mix in the powders, salt and most of the lime. I save a little lime juice to squeeze on top of the guac before storing in the fridge so it doesn't turn brown. You can also add chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro but I leave mine plain because I usually add those ingredients when making my wrap and the hubby doesn't like onions (crazy, huh?).   :-)



1 comment: