Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Did you fall off the wagon?

Good evening everyone! I know it has been a while since my last post, but things have been hectic over here. My son Alexander turned 1 on May 4th. I had been preoccupied with planning his party which of course was a little over the top for a one year old party, but it has been such a turning point for us. Alexander was born 5 weeks premature and had open heart surgery when he was 2 months old. There were some moments when we weren't sure he was going to make it so him turning 1 was a HUGE deal for everyone involved. :-)

I have to admit that I have not been eating very well these past 2 weeks since my last post. The party food certainly did not help; tri-tip sammies, Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad, Cowboy Caviar, Strawberry Spinach Salad with LOTS of cheese, cupcakes, and homemade Rocky Road Marshmallow Pops.

I am here to let you know that it is OK to fall off the wagon on occasion. Don't be discouraged if that happens to you...it happens to everyone (and if anyone tells you differently, they are lying!). The tricky part (and the most important part) is getting back on. You get to a certain point where you say to yourself, "ok, I've been eating like crap for a few days/weeks now and I haven't been feeling too hot. Time to get back on the wagon and start feeling vibrant again!!"
It may take some of us more time than others to come to that realization, but just remember how awesome you felt when you were eating the right foods. Who cares if it has been a while...GET BACK ON THE WAGON.

Stay tuned later in the week as I share with you a couple of easy recipes that will help you get back on the wagon: a Raw Guacamole Wrap and a Soba Noodle Salad. I CANNOT wait to share these with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment