Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Food Combining Challenge

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and the beautiful local weather. We took a brief little trip to Half Moon Bay to visit my brother...what a beautiful place. On our way back home on Sunday, we all went to Harley Farms in Pescadero. It is a little goat farm that is a great place to go with kids. Sofia especially loved it. I posted some pics on FB if you haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

So, I am back to give you Part II of Food Combining. In my last post, I informed you of the detriment to your body and its digestion when you combine the wrong foods.

Here are the basics of food combinging that I have gathered from all my reading:
*Animal (or fish) protein should only be consumed with raw/cooked non-starchy veggies
*Starchy veggies (ie...sweet potatoes) and grains should only be consumed with raw/cooked veggies as well as avocados
*Nuts/seeds should only be consumed with raw/cooked veggies and NEVER with avocado
*Fruit should be eaten by itself 20 mins before consuming anything else (except for bananas, which should be consumed 45 mins before anything else).

So, I challenge you to try eating well-combined foods for a week and see how you feel. If you have any questions, Facebook me or leave a comment. I know it is a lot to pay attention to, but it will be well worth the effort. I would LOVE to hear how it works for you and if you noticed any changes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment