Sunday, April 14, 2013

From the beginning

As I turned 40 last year, my body decided to change on me. While I never have been one to eat horribly, gone are the days of careless eating. I remember my 20's & 30's fondly; being able to eat and drink pretty much anything and then burning those calories by working out. Coming to the realization that that was not working for me anymore, I picked up a book by Certified Nutritionist Kimberly Snyder called The Beauty Detox Solution. The book gave me inspiration to change my diet. Not only did I want to improve my body on the outside, but I wanted to improve my body on the inside, especially my digestion. I wanted my body to run like a well-oiled machine. The goal is to eat the proper foods that optimizes your digestion. Your food should go through your digestive tract as quickly as possible; not sit there for hours/days.

Since buying her first book, I have bought a couple other cookbooks from vaious authors. I always like a place to start in the kitchen (that is why I like cookbooks) but always end up adding my own little signature to the recipes. 

By no means is this a blog about eating only raw. I do enjoy my animal protein and the occasional piece/pieces of cheese and glass of wine or dirty martini. So, if you're looking for a "raw food only" blog, this blog is not for you. My personal goal is to incorporate MORE raw foods in my diet while also keeping some of the same food habits as before. We'll see just how raw I plan to go.

As a side note, my hubby really has no interest in joining me on this journey as he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. However, he has begun drinking a glass of my green smoothie in the morning and eating a bigger salad before dinner. We gotta start somewhere!! :-) I hope you enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment