Monday, April 15, 2013

My Green Breakfast Smoothie

Every morning I start out with my green breakfast smoothie. I started drinking this smoothie a couple years before I found out I was pregnant with my son, Alexander. This is when I first discovered Kimberly Snyder's book. She had a great recipe for her smoothie but over the course of time, I decided to tailor it a little more to my liking. I have had several friends ask me what is in my smoothie. Here are the ingredients:

1 apple
1 banana
1 orange
1-2 large handfuls of spinach
5-6 leaves of kale
1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
1/3 bunch parsley
8-12 oz coconut water or water (depends how thick you want your smoothie)
Juice of 1/2-1 lemon
Ice


I didn't want to just tell you what goes in my green smoothie, I wanted to show you. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was out of parsley this morning so that is why you don't see it in the picture. I am constantly in awe at how much fruit and veggies goes in my smoothie every morning. I don't believe most people eat this much fruit and vegetables in a day. That is the beauty of doing a smoothie. I drink this throughout the morning as it makes about 50-60 oz. If I have to leave the house in the morning for errands or an appointment, I take it with me in a little cooler bag so I have no excuse to not finish it.
 
 
The end product:





This is the only thing I consume in the morning. It gets my morning going and doesn't slow me down.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment