Sunday, April 14, 2013

Raw Gorilla Wraps

Tonight, I decided to make Kimberly Snyder's Raw Gorilla Wraps for the 3rd time. I changed up her recipe from The Beauty Detox Foods a little. I followed her recipe but added garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano and a few dashes of Tapatio for an extra kick. I added pictures to show you the process. The "taco meat" came out perfectly, however I decided to use 2 collard leaves instead of 1 (the recipe uses 1). I also blanced each leaf for about 5 seconds to make them more pliable. They looked beautiful but by using 2 leaves instead of 1 (the recipe calls for 1 leaf), it made the wraps a tad bitter. So, next time I will only use 1 leaf! I had a wrap for dinner along with a big green salad with tons of veggies and some beets that I roasted yesterday. Yummy!

Step 1: Cut out most of the stem before blanching them.

Step 2: Layer them on top of each other.

Step 3: Add "taco meat" and salsa.


Step 4: Roll into a burrito.

 
Step 5: Slice in half on the diagonal and serve.
 
I will be eating these for lunch tomorrow and making Kimberly Snyder's Spiralized Asian Veggie Salad and my own terriyaki chicken thighs for dinner so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment